The April issue of Professional Motor Mechanic Magazine 2017 has hit the streets!
PMM April includes all the latest news, technical hints and repair advice, as well as the newest tools and products from the best suppliers. Also, there are plenty of goodies and prizes to be won!
Highlights and features this month include:
– Clutch Clinic: Step-by-step Suzuki Alto clutch fitment guide with Schaeffler.
– Belt Clinic: Belt replacement guide on a Volkswagen Beetle from Schaeffler.
– Tech Tips: Mobiletron looks at the main causes of ignition coil failure. Autodata share their fixes to common problems on Volkswagen Tiguan and a Citröen C-Elysee. Gates look at reducing the risk of premature drive system failure and Mahle check for a faulty valve in a KC195 filter.
– Vehicle Troubleshooter: Steve Carter looks at three different cars and the importance of the availability of vehicle specific information.
– Business: Neil Pattemore considers the ongoing battle for control of the diagnostic, service and repair market whilst Andy Savva looks at the difficulties in calculating the correct labour rates to ensure a healthy profit.
– Diagnostics & Engine Management: ACtronics updates PMM on the do’s and don’ts when trying to pinpoint a vehicle fault. Faulty ABS operation investigated on a Subaru Legacy by Pico whilst Bosch outlines some simple ways to get the best value from your diagnostic equipment.
– Engines & Turbos: First Line look at how to prevent premature water pump failure. Jonathan Sampson of Automate looks at the controversy surrounding the introduction of the turbocharger into the modern day vehicle.
– MOT: Whats is a DVSA Vehicle Examiner looking for when they visit an MOT testing station? The AA’s Garage Guide look at how garages and service centres can attract new MOT customers.
– Filters: Federal-Mogul Motorparts explore some common problems caused by unhealthy air, fuel, oil and cabin filters and PMM gets the latest on what UFI filters have to offer the automotive aftermarket plus much more!
PLUS: You can WIN some quality wheel lifting equipment from SIP Industrial and a selection of freebies.
The magazine is FREE and available from most local factor stockists, so don’t forget to ask for your copy!