The February issue of Professional Motor Mechanic Magazine 2017 has hit the streets!
PMM February includes all the latest news, technical hints and repair advice, as well as the newest tools and products from the best suppliers. Also, there are plenty of goodies and prizes to be won!
Highlights and features this month include:
– Clutch Clinic: Step-by-step with Schaeffler – How to replace the clutch on a 2.4 TDCI 2006 Ford Transit.
– Belt Clinic: 3 year old Renault 1.5 diesel; Lessons from history case study with Gates.
– Tech Tips: Induction Innovations illustrate how to remove brake bleeder nuts using induction heat. Nissens offer best practice tips for avoiding mechanical damage to the condensor and Autodata look at some common faults on a VW Polo and a Peugeot 207.
– Vehicle Troubleshooter: Joshua Jones, a Devon based Garage Manager for the AA, stresses the need for mechanics to take a step back and not be driven by assumptions when looking for a vehicle fault.
– Business: Neil Pattemore assesses the future for diesel engines in the wake of the VW ‘Dieselgate’ scandal and Andy Savva stresses the importance of continual training and development, urging garage owners to look beyond the short-term.
– Oils, Lubricants & Additives: Racing Legend, John Mikel, discusses his career and partnership with Kalimex. Havoline look at why oil manufacturers must keep pace with engine development. Cataclean has the easy way to lower exhaust emissions. Navigating the minefield of different oil types with Fuchs.
– Brakes & Clutches: Tips for bedding in pads and discs from Borg & Beck. Mintex take a look at best practice brake replacement. Federol-Mogul explain parking brake gradient performance testing. Some handy advice from Brembo on cracking down on counterfeits.
– Steering & Suspension: febi bilstein tells PMM the importance of quality replacement steering parts. What to look for when choosing your steering and suspension brand from FAI Auto. We look to future technologies with Automate’s all new anti-roll technology.
PLUS: You can WIN a double prize package courtesy of BG Products, a Revive turbo starter kit and a selection of freebies.
The magazine is FREE and available from most local factor stockists, so don’t forget to ask for your copy!