Read on to find out the answers to the Santa’s Pit Stop Christmas Quiz, as featured in the December issue of PMM.
1. How many lords are leaping in ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’?
c. 10 – Answer
2. What Pagan holiday was Christmas originally conflated with?
b. Yule – Answer
3. Which company has been using Santa Claus in its advertising since 1931?
b. Coca Cola – Answer
c. John Lewis
4. Which of Santa’s reindeer has its name derived from the Dutch word for ‘lightning’?
c. Blitzen – Answer
5. Which country did St. Nicholas originate from?
a. Turkey – Answer
6. What is the name of Ebenezer Scrooge’s business partner in A Christmas Carol?
a. John Mackintosh
b. Jacob Marley – Answer
c. Joseph Morley
7. Which Roman holiday is the reason that Christmas is held in December?
b. Saturnalia – Answer
8. Which traditional Christmas decoration is actually a parasitic plant?
a. Mistletoe – Answer
9. In which ocean can you find Christmas Island?
c. Indian – Answer
10. Which is the best-selling Christmas song of all time?
a. White Christmas – Bing Crosby – Answer
b. All I want for Christmas is you – Mariah Carey
c. I wish it could be Christmas every day – WIZZARD
11. What is the name of the skin that hangs from a turkey’s neck?
a. A swaggle
b. A wattle – Answer
c. A saggle
12. In what year was The Muppets Christmas Carol released?
a. 1992 – Answer