With ease of use and convenience in mind, BHP’s ECU programmer has been designed to read and program vehicle ECUs through the car’s diagnostic port – meaning 99% of the time there is no need to dismantle the ECU or remove it from the car.
A standalone system that does not have to be plugged into the computer while you read and program the ECU, the ‘Genius’ offer comes complete with its own dedicated computer software that allows users to send ECU data directly to the team at BHP UK with the press of a single button. In fact, there isn’t even the need to open an email program to send the map to.
Training and technical support
Although the programming system is incredibly user-friendly and easy to use, the folk at BHP UK realise that for any business to succeed in ECU tuning they will need both training and continued technical support.
That’s why all new BHP UK dealerships are given training on how to use the tool and its computer software correctly. This is provided on a one-to-one basis which means that you can learn at your own pace and any questions you have can be answered directly.
After the initial training has concluded, continued technical support is provided with regular ‘refresher’ seminars to help keep customers informed of the latest changes to modern car technology.
Finally when you become a BHP dealer, you become a member of a hard working and dynamic team with a huge knowledge base and resources to help you stay at the forefront of the tuning industry.
9 steps to a successful remap
1. Connect the car to the stabilised supply.
2. Select ‘Work’ on the programmer.
3. Select vehicle type.
4. Connect the handheld programmer to your PC. At this point the computer software will automatically send the data to our server.
5. We will modify the file and send it back to you.
6. Reconnect the handheld unit to the car’s OBD port.
7. Connect the programmer to the car’s OBD port.
8. Follow the on-screen prompts. The programmer will read the current data in the car’s ECU.
9. Select ‘Programming’ and follow the on-screen prompts. Disconnect the programmer and lock the car to shut down the ECU. Test drive the car.
Becoming a BHP UK dealer
Most hard working people can make the BHP UK dealership a success, but as a minimum, candidates should:
- Be working in, or have knowledge of the automotive industry. This can be either mobile or workshop based.
- Be self motivated and enthusiastic about tuning.
- Be able to work as part of our team as well as on their own.
- Have good customer skills.