The September 2018 issue of Professional Motor Mechanic magazine has hit the streets!
PMM September includes all the latest news, technical hints and repair advice, as well as the newest tools and products from the best suppliers. There are also plenty of goodies and prizes to be won!
Highlights and features this month include:
– Clutch Clinic: Step-by-step clutch fitment guide for a Land Rover FreeLander with Schaeffler Repxpert.
– Tech Tips: Herth+Buss look at throttle valve sensor diagnosis and replacement on a Mazda MX-5 and Meyle explore the typical damage patterns and causes with water pumps.
– Vehicle Troubleshooter: Joshua Jones explains why the recent changes to MOT testing should be welcomed by garages.
– Business: Neil Pattemore looks into the fourth industrial revolution – data.
– Special Reports: PMM takes a closer look at the benefits of joining The Motor Ombudsman and Darren Cotton of AVC UK, attends the Bosch Diagnostic Technician Programme, VSB 26: Automotive Air Conditioning System Diagnosis.
– Tyres, Wheels & Alignment: Equipment specialist Pro-Align explains why workshops should adopt an integrated approach to equipment purchasing and PCL discusses the potential consequences of incorrectly inflating tyres.
–PMM Technical Supplement: The 16 page technical supplement sponsored by Schaeffler REPXPERT brings you the latest technical updates from Schaeffler, Federal-Mogul Motorparts, KYB Europe, MANN-FILTER, TRW Aftermarket and Philips Automotive Lighting.
– Engines & Turbos: Melett looks at turbo fault diagnosis and the Gates inspector looks to solve the premature failure of an accessory belt drive system in a 2001 Peugeot 306.
– Brakes & Clutches: First Line’s in-house classic clutch engineer offers some advice to workshops that are faced with the challenge of replacing an ‘A’ or ‘AS’ type Borg & Beck clutch on a classic vehicle and ZF Aftermarket offers some advice that could help reduce unsubstantiated warranty claims on Sachs clutches.
– Batteries & Ignition: Rotronics, the UK partner for Midtronics and CTEK, explains more about EFB batteries and NGK explains why the spark plug is the pacemaker at the heart of every petrol engine.
and much more…
PLUS: You can WIN a PlayStation 4 and £250 worth of products with Shaftec. You could also win a Lamborghini and Ferrari driving experience with Gemco. And as always, there’s a great selection of freebies up for grabs! Click here to see current comps and giveaways.
The magazine is FREE and available from most local factor stockists, so don’t forget to ask for your copy!