JLM has recently launched two brand new products – one that will clean the fuel and exhaust system of petrol vehicles, and another that is designed to tackle diesel vehicles. In this special technical report, PMM lifts the lid on both products.
The JLM Petrol Catalytic Exhaust Cleaner summarised
- Cleans injectors, carburettors and the entire gasoline supply system and keeps them in optimal condition
- Eliminates valve sticking
- Prevents deposits of gums, varnish and sludge
- Reduces gasoline consumption and protects against corrosion
- Reduces emission of hazardous exhaust gases
- Eliminates rough idling, hesitation and knocking
- Improves combustion and driveability
Boosts octane level by two to four points. It also prevents exhaust valve seat recession, eliminates rough idling and engine hesitation, and prevents spark plug fouling.
Petrol Test data
The petrol treatment is a multipurpose additive that cleans the complete fuel and exhaust system, including valves and clogged injectors. This helps to restore power and performance. A variety of laboratory tests have been used to verify the performance of the new formula.
- Long Term Fuel Trim (LTFT) indicates injector contamination. The JLM Petrol CEC formulation achieves a reduction from 18% to just 4% over a 50 hour test cycle.
- During continuous running following addition of the JLM Petrol CEC formulation, there was no increase in LTFT, whereas base fuel with standard additives showed an increase of 20% over 50 hours’ running, which indicates fouling of the injectors.
Overall, the test results showed that the original engine power is almost completely restored when using JLM Petrol Catalytic Exhaust Cleaner.
The JLM Diesel Catalytic Exhaust Cleaner summarised
This new formula contains multiple elements to treat the entire diesel fuel and exhaust system, including a cetane improver, lubricity additive, injector cleaner and a DPF regeneration additive. This results in greater efficiency, reduced emissions and improved performance.
Diesel treatment test data
The new Catalytic Exhaust Cleaner additives from JLM are highly effective at keeping injectors clean, boasting incredible performance when it comes to completely removing injector deposits and restoring lost engine power.
The clean-up and keep-clean capability from this new product is best demonstrated in the official
industry’s standard XUD-9 (indirect injection) and CEC DW10 (direct injection common rail) engine tests with both normal and biodiesel fuels.
In the DW10 test, the engine runs on a reference fuel for over 30 hours (in 30 cycles of one hour). The test results show that complete clean-up is achieved with fuel treated with Catalytic Exhaust Cleaner. Zero deposits remain.
Keep Clean Performance
Apart from the clean-up performance, JLM Catalytic Exhaust Cleaner completely blocks the formation of deposits within the injector holes or channels, preventing power loss in all engine platforms, including the latest technology diesel fuel injectors.
JLM Diesel Catalytic Converter cleaner – the only CEC to include a DPF Regeneration Additive
The new CEC formula contains an organometallic diesel fuel additive used as a catalyst for the regeneration of diesel particulate filters. This lowers the ignition temperature of soot collected in the diesel particulate filter and optimises periodic combustion of accumulated soot (filter regeneration). The unique combination of a clean fuel system, clean combustion with lower emissions and catalysed soot particles will assist in keeping the catalytic converter, exhaust gas recirculation system (EGR), the turbo compressor and its variable geometry vanes clean from deposits.