The May 2018 issue of Professional Motor Mechanic Magazine has hit the streets!
PMM May includes all the latest news, technical hints and repair advice, as well as the newest tools and products from the best suppliers. There are also plenty of goodies and prizes to be won!
Highlights and features this month include:
– Clutch Clinic: Step-by-step clutch fitment guide for a BMW Z4 with Schaeffler Repxpert.
– Belt Clinic: A timing belt kit installation guide on a Land Rover Freelander with Dayco.
– Tech Tips: Autodata shares their fixes to common problems raised through Autodata’s technical helpline and Denso have provided a diagnostic guide to help spot and fix common glow plug faults.
– Vehicle Troubleshooter: Joshua Jones explains why system familiarity and knowledge are such crucial weapons in your diagnostic arsenal.
– Business: Neil Pattemore offers some advice on reviewing your business to see where it can be improved and Andy Savva provides an impassioned response to the question that has plagued the industry over the last few years: Why is there such a shortage of technicians?
– Special Reports: PMM recently caught up with Daniel Rowbottom – an owner of a specialist garage who also races in the Clio Cup UK.
– Hybrid & Electric Vehicles: Steve Carter explains how the new IMI EV/PHEV qualifications came about, and what the new standards will mean for technicians. Schaeffler offers some insight into the automotive technology of the future.
– Brakes & Clutches: Valeo suggests some visual inspections and measurements that can be used to decide whether a DMF must be replaced or not. Clutch specialist, Exedy, looks at the difference between OE and ‘OE quality’.
– Tools & Garage Equipment: Chicago Pneumatic provides three examples of 1/2″ impact Wrenches that would benefit any toolbox and PMM takes a look at some of the highlights of the specialist range of pliers from Knipex.
– MECHANEX Show Preview: A full preview of the Manchester show.
and much more…
PLUS: You can WIN a RUBL1000 under bonnet lamp with Ring and an air intake application tool and set of treatment fluids with JLM. There’s also a great selection of freebies up for grabs! Click here to see current comps and giveaways.
The magazine is FREE and available from most local factor stockists, so don’t forget to ask for your copy!