The January 2018 issue of Professional Motor Mechanic Magazine has hit the streets!
PMM January includes all the latest news, technical hints and repair advice, as well as the newest tools and products from the best suppliers. There are also plenty of goodies and prizes to be won!
Highlights and features this month include:
– Clutch Clinic: Step-by-step clutch fitment guide for a Volvo V50 with Schaeffler Repxpert.
– Belt Clinic: A timing belt kit installation guide on a Fiat 500 with Contitech.
– Tech Tips: Autodata address some common faults on a Vauxhall Adam and a Vauxhall Zafira. Mann+Hummel explains why quality trumps price when it comes to filters.
– Vehicle Troubleshooter: Joshua Jones explains why technicians needn’t be intimidated by the rapid evolution of vehicle technology.
– Talk of the Trade – PMM talks with a selection of influential garage owners about where the industry is at, and the direction it is heading.
– Business: Kalimex offer six top tips on how to win business using email and Neil Pattemore discusses the challenges posed to the aftermarket by vehicle manufacturers and suggests how these challenges can be met in order to maintain a level playing field.
– Special Reports: PMM has enlisted Darren Cotton, of AVC UK, to attend the full range of course modules on the Bosch Diagnostic Technician Programme. Here’s how he got on in Module VSTD 9. TMD Friction discusses the ECE R-90 changes that technicians need to be aware of and the impact that updated regulations have on fitting brake parts.
– Ones to Watch: PMM takes a look at 2018’s potential movers and shakers.
– Diagnostics & Engine Management: BHP UK explains how garages can add another string to their bow, courtesy of ECU remapping. ACtronics explains the importance of understanding your diagnostic tools but not simply relying on them to diagnose the fault for you.
– Winter Service & Lighting: Herth+Buss gives PMM the low-down on the company’s Rep-programme and Philips showcase its precision rechargeable workshop lamps.
– Tools & Garage Equipment: Sealey explains why breaking down fault diagnosis into stages will simplify the task and Swarfega looks at the importance of looking after your hands.
and much more…
PLUS: You can WIN a JLM Professional DPF cleaning bundle and a Rotronics MDX645 battery system analyser. There’s also a great selection of freebies up for grabs!
The magazine is FREE and available from most local factor stockists, so don’t forget to ask for your copy!