The Motor Ombudsman is giving technicians the chance to win 1 of 10 GDPR training courses!
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is one of the most significant pieces of legislation to enter into force in recent years. It governs best practice and the obligations of businesses when it comes to the handling of data.
To help organisations better understand their responsibilities and what it means to be compliant with the Regulation, The Motor Ombudsman, the automotive dispute resolution provider, developed an online training module tailored specifically to the needs of businesses operating within the motor industry.
Taking around 45 minutes to complete, the course, which is also approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI), covers the following main subjects:
- An overview to the GDPR;
- A glossary and introduction to key terminology and definitions;
- Case studies to illustrate the six key principles of the GDPR and how they apply to a business setting;
- Roles and responsibilities when gathering, managing and retaining data;
- The importance of data protection including remote working;
- Identifying data hazards and effective methods to avoid security breaches.
PMM readers now have the exclusive opportunity to win 1 of the 10 courses (each worth £40+VAT) being offered by The Motor Ombudsman.
How do you enter?
To be in with a chance of winning, all you have to do is answer the following question (the answer to which can be found in this article):
Deadline for entries is 30/09/2018